20 October 2011

Photo: balanced brace

Balance brace with NLP_1
Adveturetess just floating and stretching her back.
The balanced brace is the foundation to many Greenland rolls.
Once a paddler masters the balance brace he/she can roll with so much more grace using the body to turn the boat, not the resistance or momentum offered by the paddle or hand.
Unfortunately I am not flexible enough to balance brace and  my Butterfly rolls are performed with force and momentum with plenty of support from the paddle.

.

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful and perfect balance brace! I can balance brace on the right side of my boat, but not the left . . . yet. And I still can't roll! I thought learning the balance brace would help me, but so far, it has just made me a calmer more patient paddler as I failed roll attempt after roll attempt during my last - and maybe it will be my last rolling lesson. I enjoy balance bracing though. It is very relaxing and gives you an awesome connection to your boat, your body, and the water.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment.
Because of spam received from unwanted manufacturers/retailers all comments are now moderated. Allow a few days for your comment to appear when the operators of GnarlyDog News are on safari.